#iumienwomenmoversandshakers: Chai Saechao
1. I think the most significant barrier to female leadership is the responsibility of motherhood and other family obligations (i.e. being a wife and daughter in law).
2. I can't really say there was one event that shaped my life. However, what really helped me was taking on leadership roles in clubs and organizations during my high school years. As I became more involved, I attended leadership conferences which motivated me. Also, I had supportive parents and teachers who provided me with guidance.
3. One of the toughest decisions I've had to make was pursuing my higher education while trying to balance marriage and raising a family. I've learned that in order to achieve my goal, I had to sacrifice some time with my family and kids. It was very difficult, and it required a lot of dedication and perseverance.
4. An accomplishment that I am proud of is attaining both of my degrees ( Bachelors and Masters).
5. I would tell anyone what my seventh grade teacher told me once: "The sky is your limit. Believe in yourself, work hard, and achieve it!" I took these words to heart. I want to encourage any young girl out there that anything is possible.
6. I can be reached through social media (i.e. Facebook and Instagram).